Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day

So I was thinking Nathan wasn't going to do anything for Valentine's Day, because well, he was in New Mexico. I texted him the day before asking if we could have a Skype date, and he wasn't kinda like, maybe maybe not. Well we did have an hour long skype date! 

That wasn't the only surprise though. I loved it. His blues eyes stood out like crazy, and it was wonderful to see his face again!
While we were talking he mentioned something about money, and how he paid off his debt to his mother. And so then I naturally asked him how much money was left on his car payment. He said "Do you want the truth, or what you want to hear?" I responding "Of course I want the truth!" He said. "Alright, let me look it up. He took a few seconds and then held up his hand with a "zero" He then said "Happy Valentine's day babe! Your husband to be his now officially debt free!" I started crying I was so happy. He had been debt free for 2 weeks and waited that long to tell me. He said it was really hard keeping it quite. When he went back to New Mexico after Christmas break they paid him a welder's wage instead of the helpers wage he was getting before Christmas. He waited 7 weeks to tell me that, when he said he really wished he could have bragged to me! I'm so excited to start our marriage without credit card (He paid that off right after Christmas) car or other debt! The only debt we have is the $2000 I have in student loans that don't start interest for another year and a half!
I feel like New Mexico is more worth it now! It makes it easier to bare again. I'm so happy! Nathan told me they really want this next Friday to be his last in New Mexico. So if they get the job done, I could see him in two week from now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment