Sunday, February 3, 2013

2nd Date

So, the day after our first date we texted while he was at work. We both talked about how much we enjoyed the night before. I sent him a text asking if it was bad that I already wanting to hang out again. He replied no, and asked when our next date should be. I told him that we should go out that night, because we are both just too much of a chicken woose to admit it. So we went out. On a hike, well, more like a walk on a dirt road. We walked and talked. Of course he did a lot of talking. I loved listening to his stories, I was enjoying time with him. I was having issues with my pleurisy, so occasionally I'd have to stop because of the pain. The first time he didn't know what to do, so he patted me on the back. We nicknamed it the "toddler pat." It was enjoyable. After the first time I told him hugs and lots of pressure helped. So I finally got a few hugs. We went to walk up this hill, and it got really steep. He told me later he lead me that way on purpose. Anyways, he offered to hold my hand to help me up. So we held hands. He helped me back down and we continued to hold hands. Me with my past experiences with holding hands, let go, afraid he only wanted to hold me hand to help me, not because he actually wanted to hold my hand. We continued walking, and the next thing I knew he touched my arm between the wrist and elbow and slid his hand down into mine. I grabbed on tight to his hand, and didn't let go this time. I was really starting to fall for this guy. This summer I had kissed a few different guys, and come to find out, most of them were just using me. So I was kinda leary at this point, wondering if Nathan was legit, or if I was just going to get used again. On the way back to the car, some sprinklers turned on across the street. I said I wanted to run through them. Nathan told me to go for it. So I did, and he followed me through the sprinklers. We were laughing and having a good time, and again we held hands. He was a gentleman and opened my door. He drove me home, but I didn't want to go inside. We stood outside talking, holding hands and hugging. There was one point he leaned in for a kiss, and I kinda backed out, afraid of getting hurt. The next time he went to kiss me, I decided to go for it. I kissed him back. It felt amazing, better than I'd felt in more than a year. I could tell he genuinely cared about me, and that he enjoyed it. It was the first time I had kissed someone with facial hair. Definitely a new experience. He dropped me off that night, and gave me a big hug. I was falling hard for this 6'7" 'mountain' man.

No comments:

Post a Comment