So before I left for school last fall, Nathan and I spent a LOT of time together. We did baptisms for the dead together a few times and the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. After one trip we saw Hunger Games was playing in the cheap theater, and since I hadn't seen it yet, we went together. It was there that I had the first stirrings of strength of being able to leave behind what I had planned (mostly Carl out on his mission) for what I was enjoying then. This feeling came from knowing who was Peeta and who was Gale in my life. But I still wasn't completely ready to let go of what I'd know for the past few years.
The weekend before I left, Nate went out with his friend Brett to pick Pine Nuts...I really missed him, and was confused why he wanted to leave me when I was going to leave myself in a few days. But I understand as well, we spent everyday together since our first date, and I could see how he and I both needed that time without each other to figure out more of our feelings. They had car trouble, but ended up making it back before I left for school, to say good bye. I'm so grateful for that chance, and I'm grateful for Nate's patience with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment